Tuesday, December 28, 2010

and what have you done with YOUR tuesday...

Does anyone else ever feel JUST CRAPPY. Like, crappy drained crappy. I know that sounds childish, but I am a 28-year-old woman and I feel crappy. Mostly because I suck at life. I am not sure why either- I know what TO do...but I just keep on not DOING it...and, while I'm "not doing it", I think about why I should be and how crappy of a person I am for not (doing it).

So, you ask, what is it you think you should be doing? My answer- anything. Yes, any thing. I sit on the couch (when I'm not at work) and do something mindless. As my mother would say, "why do you watch that  mindless drivel?"  And, actually, I've gotten to the point where I don't even pay attention to the TV anymore...instead, i find myself perusing facebook or searching for some idea that got in my head...and, then for another idea that came from the first idea, and I don't remember what the first thing I started searching even was.

Now I sound crazy.

Perhaps you have been diagnosed with ADD. I have. But, I am not convinced that I even have the disorder. I got diagnosed in college after trying the drug for "academic" purposes. Then, I went to the neurologist, who had diagnosed more than one of my friends, and got "diagnosed" as well.

Now, I do have A LOT of the "symptoms" associated with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder- there is no denying that. I am needy, spacey, my attention span resembles the flight pattern of a june bug on crack, and I constantly change my "priorities."  So, when the doctor put me on the drug of my desire, Adderall, I most certainly had no qualms. In fact, a prescription for this particular drug was my motivation for making the appointment anyway.

Who needs sleep?

I NEED SLEEP. I learned this about a year after being prescribed Adderall...and about 4 years after first taking it. Contrary to my previous belief, I do, in fact, NEED sleep. Everyone does. Otherwise, they (I) go round the bend. I'm just now finding my way back from the bend- and, "it ain't easy" my friend.

More about my round the bend story and where I've gotten since then coming. If you like this, or want to read more, then comment....because I will probably find some other form of procrastination to occupy my time unless there is a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment